Highlights from reports from the week of Feb. 24-March 1:
Motel occupants arrested with crystal meth
, 28300 Woodward Ave., Feb. 27: During a routine motel check, officers discovered occupants with warrants and crystal meth in a room. The occupants were arrested on charges of possession of controlled substance and one on felony warrants.
Driver hides marijuana in diaper bag
11 Mile and Rembrandt, Feb. 27: Royal Oak officers stopped a suspicious vehicle and discovered the driver had placed marijuana in a child's diaper bag. The driver also had several outstanding warrants. The driver was arrested on a charge of possession of marijuana and a misdemeanor warrant.
Patient arrested with bag of stolen goods
William Beaumont Hospital, 3601 W. 13 Mile, Feb. 23: Royal Oak officers responded to the hospital when security identified a patient who came into the hospital with a bag full of stolen property. Officers confirmed the property was stolen out of Huntington Woods. The suspect was arrested for possession of stolen property.
Marijuana sale busted
Woodward Avenue and 10 Mile, Feb. 25: Royal Oak officers observed a hand-to-hand purchase of marijuana. The three suspects were identified and arrested. Two suspects were arrested on charges of possession of marijuana while the third suspect was arrested on a charge of possession with intent to deliver marijuana and misdemeanor warrants.
400 block of Amelia, Feb. 27: A woman reported her multi-colored 2002 Pontiac 4D was stolen from her garage.
- LA Fitness, 25352 Woodward, Feb. 23: A woman reported someone broke her passenger window and entered her vehicle. Nothing was reported missing.
- 4100 block of Auburn, Feb. 29: A man reported someone smashed the rear window of his vehicle. The suspect was driving a yellow Ford Escape with BDD in the license plate.
- 500 block of North Center, March 1: A woman reported someone slashed two of her vehicle's tires.
Items taken from residences
- 300 block of West Sixth Street , Feb. 24: A man reported someone stole his bicycle while it was locked in front of his residence.
- 3100 block of North Connecticut, Feb. 25: A man reported a FedEx package was stolen from his front porch.
Items taken from unlocked cars
- 500 block of Orchard View, Feb. 23: A woman reported someone entered her unlocked vehicle and stole an MP3 player.
- 200 block of Linden, Feb. 23: A woman reported someone entered her unlocked vehicle and stole two iPods and a portable GPS unit.
Spare tires taken from vehicles
- Sixth and West streets, Feb. 23: A woman reported someone stole the spare tire off the rear tailgate of her 2007 Jeep Liberty.
- Sixth and Main streets, Feb. 23: A man reported someone stole the spare tire off the rear tailgate of his 2008 GMC Hummer.
- Third Street and Williams Street , Feb. 29: A man reported someone stole a tire and rim from his 2009 Jeep.
Man arrested for taking items from cars
1400 block of Donald, Feb. 24: Royal Oak officers responded to a report of a man seen taking items from a car. Officers searched the area and found the man walking a few blocks away. The man was in possession of stolen items from the vehicle and also an iPod stolen from a vehicle in the 1000 block of Bauman. He was arrested for possession of stolen property.
- 700 block of North Main, Feb. 23: A man reported someone shot his front glass door with a BB gun.
- Meijer, 5150 Coolidge, Feb. 28: An employee stole previously redeemed coupons and reused them. The employee was arrested for larceny.
For questions about this report, email email@example.com.