Thefts dominated reports to the Royal Oak Police Department for this past week.
- 3400 block of Fairmont, Sept. 14: A woman reported someone entered her apartment by pushing open an unsecured window. The suspect stole jewelry and a video gaming console.
- Sangria, 401 S. Lafayette, Sept. 16: A man reported someone stole his iPhone.
- Little Tree Sushi Bar, 107 S. Main, Sept. 15: A woman reported someone stole her diamond ring.
- Marathon Gas Station, 1621 E. 11 Mile, Sept. 16: The business reported a woman and a man stole approximately 30 Michigan Lottery tickets. The couple fled the scene in a silver colored Oldsmobile Intrigue. The pair are described as a female in her 40s and a male in his 20s.
- Mr. B’s, 215 S. Main, Sept. 16: A woman reported someone stole her iPphone.
- Kroger, 30991 Woodward Avenue, Sept. 16: A man reported someone stole his unsecured blue Huffy bicycle.
- Marathon Gas Station, 27002 Woodward Avenue, Sept. 15: A man reported he was the victim of a quick change scam and lost an undisclosed amount of money. The suspect is described as a dark skinned male, approximately 6-feet tall, with a medium build. He was wearing a black button up short-sleeved shirt.
- Anneliese Custom Framing, 316 E. Fourth, Sept. 17: A woman reported two people entered the store and stole her wallet. The A man reported a male in his 20s began asking her several questions in order to distract her. A female in her 20s walked into the store and stole her wallet from her purse.
- 900 block of E. Fourth, Sept. 17: A woman reported someone stole a chair from her front porch.
- 3300 block of Greenfield, Sept. 17: A woman reported an acquaintance stole her Bridge Card while she was out of town and used it without her permission.
- 3000 block of Elmhurst, Sept. 18: A man reported someone stole his prescription drugs during a house party.
Items taken from unlocked cars
- 1000 block of N. Campbell, Sept. 12: A woman reported someone entered her unlocked vehicle and stole sunglasses, an Epi-pen, currency and other miscellaneous items.
- 1200 block of Midland, Sept. 15: A man reported someone entered his unlocked vehicle and stole a laptop computer and checkbook.
- 400 block of Josephine, Sept. 17: A man reported someone entered his unlocked vehicle and stole a camera.
- 700 block of Helene, Sept. 19: A man reported someone entered his unlocked Chrysler 200 and stole the in-dash GPS unit.
Items taken from cars
- 600 block of Wellesley, Sept. 15: A man reported someone smashed the passenger side window of his 2012 Chrysler Town and Country and stole the in-dash GPS unit.
- Sixth and Helene, Sept. 15: A man reported someone smashed the passenger side window of his 2009 Chrysler Town and Country and stole the in-dash stereo system.
- 600 block of Helene, Sept. 15: A man reported someone smashed the passenger side window of his 2012 GMC Acadia and stole the in-dash GPS unit.
- 2400 block of Starr, Sept. 18: A woman reported someone stole the catalytic converter off her 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier.
Malicious damage to property
- 800 block of Hoffman, Sept. 12: A man reported someone spray painted the sidewalk in front of his home.
- 1800 block of N. Main, Sept. 16: A man reported his ex-girlfriend threw a shoe at his apartment window causing it the break.
- 500 block of Ninth, Sept. 15: A man reported someone threw an unknown object at his window causing it to break.
- Chrome, 117 W. Fourth, Sept. 14: The business reported someone spray painted graffiti on the rear wall of the business.
- Sky Lofts, 100 N. Main, Sept. 14: A man reported someone spray painted graffiti on the rear wall of the business.
- Aveda Institute, 409 S. Center, Sept. 14: A man reported someone spray painted graffiti on the rear wall of the business.
- 3300 block of Greenfield, Sept. 20: A woman reported someone broke the front window of her home by shooting it with a BB gun.
- 4100 block of Coolidge, Sept. 14: Royal Oak officers were contacted by Sterling Heights police to assist them in locating a juvenile suspect that had made Internet threats via Facebook. The threats were directed at other students attending a school located in Sterling Heights. Royal Oak officers located the juvenile at his home and detained him until Sterling Heights detectives arrived. The investigation was turned over to Sterling Heights Police.
- Sixth and Edison, Sept. 19: A Royal Oak officer was patrolling the area due to the high number of larcenies from automobiles, when he observed a white Ford Taurus driving at a high rate of speed. The Royal Oak officer attempted to stop the vehicle as it entered onto I-75. The vehicle accelerated to 100 mph and would frequently stop and start back up on the roadway. The vehicle exited the freeway at Seven Mile where the Royal Oak officer terminated the pursuit. The vehicle was driven by a man.
- 10 Mile and Wyandotte, Sept. 19: Royal Oak Officers responded to Ten Mile and Wyandotte to investigate a car crash. The investigation revealed the driver of a minivan was westbound on Ten Mile and left the roadway just east of Wyandotte. The driver ran over some traffic signs, crossed Wyandotte, and continued into the yard of a home on Wyandotte. The vehicle drove through 40 feet of privacy fence, and then struck a garage, damaging both cars inside. The driver was uninjured and had not been drinking. It appears the driver of the vehicle suffered a medical issue.
If you have any information on any of these incidents, call Royal Oak Police at (248) 246-3500.
If you have any questions about this report, email Judy.Davids@Patch.com