Drugs and fighting dominate reports to the Royal Oak Police Department for this past week.
Woman found dead in bathroom
400 block of Park, Dec. 4: Royal Oak Police officers responded to the report of a sudden death. Upon arrival, officers found a woman lying dead on the bathroom floor. The woman had a history of heroin abuse and a syringe and spoon were discovered in the bathroom.
Woman found unresponsive at Royal Oak motel
28300 Woodward, , Dec. 15: The Royal Oak police and fire departments responded to the Seville Motel on a report of a unresponsive person. They arrived and spoke with the boyfriend who said he discovered his 27-year-old girlfriend lying on the bed unresponsive. The Canton resident, who had been staying at the motel for the last two months, was a recovering heroin addict and abused prescription pills. There were no signs of trauma or foul play. Police did not return calls about the condition of the woman.
Family disagreement becomes violent
4100 block of Rochester Road, Dec. 11: Royal Oak officers responded to the report of a group of disorderly subjects yelling at each other. Officers arrived and investigated what appeared to be a disagreement between family and friends. An intoxicated man was placed in the rear of a Royal Oak patrol car while officers continued their investigation. Officers then arrested a woman for disorderly conduct and she began to fight with the officers. While officers were struggling with the woman, the man kicked out the rear window of the patrol car, climbed out the window and began fighting with officers. Officers were able to gain control of the man and woman. The man was arrested on charges of malicious destruction of police property, resisting arrest, assault and battery of a police officer and possession of marijuana. The woman was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
Intoxicated man resists arrest
Washington and Parent, Dec. 11: A Royal Oak police officer stopped a vehicle whose driver appeared to be intoxicated. The officer’s investigation revealed the driver was intoxicated and he attempted to place him under arrest. The man resisted and fought with the officer. Additional officers arrived and the man was eventually handcuffed and brought under control. He was charged with operating while intoxicated and resisting arrest.
- 4100 block of Edgar, Dec. 11: A woman reported that someone broke out her rear window in an attempt to gain entry into her home. No entry was gained.
- 2200 block of Guthrie, Dec. 13: A woman reported that someone entered the residence through a back bedroom window. Coins and four bags of chocolate chips were reported taken.
- 2200 block of East Fourth Street, Dec. 13: A resident reported noticing dirt and rocks on the front porch of their home. The kitchen window screen and two back bedroom window screens were pried out of the windows.
Items taken from vehicles
- 3000 block of W. 13 Mile, Dec. 10: A man reported that someone stole a tire from his vehicle.
- 1300 block of Lexington, Dec. 12: A man reported his laptop computer was stolen from his unlocked vehicle.
- 100 block of Lakeside, Dec. 9: A man reported that someone damaged his fence.
- 900 Block of Montrose, Dec. 9: Royal Oak officers responded to the report of a domestic assault in which a man pointed a shotgun at his roommate. The investigation revealed that an argument between the two roommates became physical and the suspect retrieved a shotgun from his bedroom, pointed it at his roommate and threaten to shoot him. The suspect was arrested on a charge of felonious assault.
If you have any questions about this report, email Judy.Davids@Patch.com.