There's always a lot going on in Royal Oak. Here are some highlights this week:
1. : The commission meeting at starts at 7:30 p.m. Click here for agenda.
2. on Monday and Tuesday: The combined choirs of perform their Winter Concert at 7 p.m. Monday and Tuesday in the high school auditorium. Tickets cost $10 for adults and $7 for students. .
3. Thanksgiving dinner at on Thursday: Sit back and relax this Thanksgiving and let the Grandma Lily’s crew do all the cooking. All-you-can-eat family-style Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings costs $22.99 for adults and $10.99 for children younger than 12. Children younger than 5 eat free, and seniors get a 10 percent discount. Open 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Click here for more information.
4. Wine tasting after Black Friday: For those of you who like to get out early and take advantage of all the sales, stop by afterward for a relaxing afternoon of wine tasting from noon-5 p.m. Friday.
Bring in canned goods to be donated to Open House Food Pantry and receive free holiday labels on all wine purchases.
The wine tasting costs $10 per person.
5. Small Business Saturday: Don't be in thrall to the mall. American Express, organizer of the second annual Small Business Saturday, is asking asking people to "shop small" at their favorite local stores Saturday to help fuel the economy.
The firm puts money where its promotion is by offering a one-time $25 rebate to shoppers spending at least $25 at a small business after registering their American Express card here.
We found dozens of Royal Oak restaurants and retailers participating, as well as a few salons, photographers and entertainment venues. For a list click here.