There's always a lot going on in Royal Oak. Here are some highlights this week:
1. Counselors available at the middle school on Monday: Despite the summer break, , will be open Monday to provide support and assistance to students grieving the loss of classmateFriday. Counselors will be at the middle school from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
2. Safe Neighborhoods Community Dialogue on Wednesday: The first annual Royal Oak Safe Neighborhoods Community Dialogue will be held from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the auditorium. The event is presented by the Royal Oak Crime Prevention Council, the City of Royal Oak, and the Royal Oak Neighborhood Schools. Anyone who lives or works in Royal Oak is welcome to attend this event.
3. Detroit Institute of Arts Inside | Out on Thursday: ’ collection will find a temporary outdoor home in locations around downtown Royal Oak on Thursday. The high-quality reproductions will be located at, , , , and the
4. Apparel launch party at Hanson's Running Shop on Thursday: at a public launch party at . Janji is a socially conscious business created by former collegiate runners. The designs are based on the flags of the countries that the apparel benefits, such as Kenya and Haiti. Proceeds from the apparel go directly toward nutritional medicines, a season's worth of water, and other sustainable solutions.
5. Fashion show on Thursday: The International Academy of Design & Technology, Detroit, presents the 2012 Imagine Fashion Show, featuring original fashion designs by students at the .The doors open at 7 p.m. and the show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $22 for general admission and $32 for VIP seating. A portion of the proceeds will go to the Ronald McDonald House of Southeast Michigan as well as the Career Education Scholarship Fund. Go to www.royaloakmusictheatre.com or call 1-800-919-6272 for tickets.