It's a busy week in Royal Oak, as usual. Here are five things you should know as you go about your week:
- City Commission meets Monday: The City Commission meeting starts at 7:30 p.m. at City Hall. Click here for the agenda.
- Technology help on Monday: Every Monday from 5-7 p.m. the Royal Oak Public Library hosts a walk-in technology session. With the assistance of ROPL technology staff, ask questions, learn exactly the computer skill you want to learn, receive a diagnosis for your malfunctioning technology device, or learn how to use your new device. Please bring in your own portable device if you choose. Please contact Eric Hayes at 248-246-3751 for more information about this free Q & A session.
- Holiday Book Drive: This week, help Barnes & Noble bring some holiday cheer to some pretty sick children. Stop in to Barnes & Noble and purchase some books, games, stuffed animals, even gift cards and tell our cashiers you want to donate them to the Holiday Book Drive. We'll make sure your donation gets in to the hands of a needy child at Beaumont Children's Hospital. There's no minimum amount, every book counts. Barnes & Noble is open 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Sunday.
- 12 Days of Christmas Sale: Through Christmas Eve, the Royal Oak Association of Retailers (ROAR) presents the "12 Days of Christmas Sale" with a dozen incentives to shop in Royal Oak. For a complete listing, vistit www.facebook.com/ROARFAN or www.roarevents.info.
- Christmas Musical Collage on Sunday: Selections from brass, handbells, choirs and soloists will echo out the hymns of the season at the First Congregational Church. Come and hear the familiar story of Christmas, interspersed with wonderful and inspiring music. All are welcome. The service begins at 10:30 a.m. with child care and Sunday School available for children. Visit www.fccro.org for more information.