It's a busy week in Royal Oak, as usual. Here are five things you should know as you go about your week:
- City Commission meets Monday: The City Commission meeting starts at 7:30 p.m. at City Hall. Click here for the agenda.
- The Downtown Development Authority meets Wednesday: The DDA meeting starts at 4 p.m. at City Hall. Click here for the agenda.
- Historical Society dinner on Thursday: The Royal Oak Historical Society's 73rd Annual Dinner and installation of officers will take place at Red Run Country Club. Stan Sherman is the MC for an evening, which includes a social hour, buffet dinner, silent auction and recognition of participants. Tickets are $35 and include dinner, valet parking and a one-year membership to the Royal Oak Historical Society. For more info call the museum at 248-439-1501.
- Football players fight against childhood cancer on Friday: The Royal Oak Ravens will not only be competing against the Berkley Bears on Friday, they'll be fighting against childhood cancer. The sale of baked goods and luminaries will go to the Children’s Miracle Network at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak. Game time is 7:30 p.m. (See the attached flyer.)
- Oktoberfest on Saturday: Oktoberfest at the Royal Oak Farmers Market includes dancing, live music, a silent auction and incredible edibles from Lily's Seafood Grill & Brewery.Beer, wine, soda and concessions will be available for purchase during the event. Admission is $5; children age 10 and younger are free. Doors open at 6 p.m. For further information, contact Shelly Mazur at 248-246-3276.