At their 7:30 p.m. regular meeting at City Hall, Royal Oak officials are expected to discuss a variety of matters.
To knock or not to knock? In February, the Royal Oak City Commission voted to direct the city attorney's office to prepare proposed amendments to the peddling ordinance, which would allow for the creation of a Do Not Knock registry that would be provided to anyone issued a peddler's license. The registry would also be made available on the city's website. Tonight commissioners will vote on a second reading of the amendment, the first reading was approved by a 4-3 vote on Aug. 20.
Other agenda items
- Streets and Sidewalks Ordinance Amendment, First Reading
- Peddling Ordinance Amendment, Second Reading
- Mr. B’s request to change plan of operation
- Staff recommendation on Gran Fondo (Woodward Avenue Action Association event)
- Publicly Funded Health Insurance Contribution Act resolution
Are you in favor of a Do Not Knock registry? Tell us in the comments.