When Royal Oak's City Commission meets at 7:30 p.m. Monday for its first meeting of the year, it will consider several issues. Highlights include:
- Discussion of the Michigan Department of Corrections’ parole policies and programs, in the wake of in the .
- Discussion of the Crime Prevention Council and general crime prevention issues has been requested by Commissioners Peggy Goodwin and David Poulton.
- A proposal to prepare a license agreement for Franklin Deli at 511 S. Main St. would permit an outdoor seating area and walk-up order window. The hours of operation would be limited to 9 a.m.-11 p.m., and no alcohol sales would be permitted through the walk-up order window.
- Second reading of a proposed ordinance to establish the Royal Oak Commission for the Arts to encourage and support arts and culture in the city of Royal Oak.
- Permission to place a Dumpster and required enclosure in the public alley adjacent to 112 Catalpa Dr. has been requested by VRR Properties. In September, Patch reported that Carl "Buddy" Orlando plans to .
The City Commission meets on the third floor of . Visit the City Commission's website for a complete agenda or see attached file.