Treat yourself to a little love the day before Valentine’s Day at the It Takes A Village event and come away with valuable tips to encourage, embrace and enjoy your children.
Participants at the brainstorming session presented by Royal Oak Youth Assistance will learn:
- how to formulate family rules
- communicate via family meetings and discussions
- manage the challenges of single parenting
- identify their own parenting styles
Attendees will also learn about local community resources that can help with things like food, shelter, transportation, substance abuse and mental health.
Don’t miss out, There will be some fun freebies given away.
Babysitting is available.
If you go
What: It Takes a Village
Where: Royal Oak Middle School, 709 N. Washington Ave.
When: Feb. 13
- 6:15 p.m. : Doors open; children may be dropped
off at the babysitting area in the Royal Oak Middle
School Media Center
- 6:30 p.m. -7 p.m.: Light dinner; parents will be served a light
“Mr. Pita” dinner and enjoy some time to talk informally
- 7 p.m.-8:30 p.m.: Discussion; facilitator Tobi Russell
will give a short presentation and move the group into discussion