Get ready to enjoy a summer of music. Whether you're a fan of musicals or dance festivals, there's something for everyone this summer.
So, what's on the line-up this summer?
Wild Summer Nights
- When: 6:30-8 p.m. Wednesdays July 4-Aug. 29
- Cost: Free with admission to the zoo
- Why go? Chill out after a hot summer day with acts such as Jill Jack, the Sun Messengers or the Candy Band. Bring a blanket, lawn chairs, and a picnic basket to the zoo's Main Picnic Grove for live concerts all summer long. See the complete music lineup.
Global Dance Festival Detroit
- When: Doors open at 8 p.m. July 18-19
- Cost: $35 per night
- Why go? Billed as one of America's premier dance festivals, get ready to have your ears drummed by Above & Beyond and Knife Party. More information is on Facebook.
Bye Bye Birdie
- When: 7 p.m. July 19-20; 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. July 21; 1 p.m. July 22
- Cost: $10 adult; youth $6
- Why go? "Put on a Happy Face" and your poodle skirt and head to the Baldwin Theatre for some good old-fashioned fun. More information is on the Stagecrafters website.
Arts, Beats & Eats
- When: 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Aug. 31 - Sept. 2; 11 a.m. - 10 p.m. Sept. 3
- Where: Downtown Royal Oak
- Cost: $3 to enter; parking is $15
- Why go? “You will be thrilled with our lineup,” boasts event producer Jon Witz, so make sure you are around town the last weekend of the summer. Line-up will be posted first week of August at artsbeatseats.com.