- League of Women Voters Royal Oak Forum on Monday: The League of Women Voters of Oakland Area will hold a candidates night event at 7 p.m. in the meeting place room at Royal Oak Middle School. Jerry Burden coordinates the forum for Royal Oak City Commission candidates Sharlan Douglas, Diane Hargan, Jeremy Mahrle and David Poulton. The event is sponsored by the Royal Oak Chamber of Commerce.
- College Night on Tuesday: High school students can learn more about what different colleges have to offer from 6-8 p.m. at College Night. About 60 colleges, universities and technical schools will be on hand to answer questions in the Royal Oak High School Cafeteria.
- The Downtown Development Authority meets Wednesday: The DDA meeting starts at 4 p.m. at City Hall. Click here for the agenda.
- Royal Oak Historical Society Dinner on Thursday: The annual will take place at Red Run Country Club from 5:30-9 p.m. The evening includes a social hour, buffet dinner, silent auction and recognition of participants. Tickets are $45 at the door and include a one-year membership to the Royal Oak Historical Society
- Royal Oak Symphony Orchestra performs Friday: The concert begins at 8 p.m. in the Dondero Auditorium, at Royal Oak Middle School. This performance includes Marche héroïque - Charles-Camille Saint-Saëns, Vltava (Die Moldau) - Bedřich Smetana, Outdoor Overture - Aaron Copland, Valse triste - Jean Sibelius, and Danzas fantásticas - Joaquín Turina. John Robertson will be conducting. Tickets are available at the door.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something