It's a busy week in Royal Oak, as usual. Here are five things you should know as you go about your week:
- City Commission meets Monday: The City Commission meeting starts at 7:30 p.m. at City Hall. Click here for the agenda.
- St. Patrick's Day Parade fundraiser on Tuesday: The Oakland County Ancient Order of Hibernians Parade are hosting a fundraiser for the St. Patrick’s Day Parade from 4-9 p.m. Sept. 17 at National Coney Island, 1812 N. Main St.
- The Downtown Development Authority meets Wednesday: The DDA meeting starts at 4 p.m. at City Hall.Click here for the agenda.
- Michigan Craft Beer Stroll on Saturday: The Michigan Craft Beer Stroll offers patrons the opportunity to sample a variety of beer from some of the top breweries in Michigan and signature dishes from 25 participating restaurants on Saturday from noon to 5 p.m. Tickets are $40 in advance or $50 on the day of the event. Ticket quantities are limited, therefore interested guests are encouraged to purchase tickets early. Tickets are available online at neptix.com/events/1451/. Click here for more information.
- Chili cook-off on Saturday: The fourth annual South Oakland Chili Cook-Off takes place from 6-10 p.m at the Royal Oak Farmers Market. This year’s participating restaurants include Lily's Seafood Grill & Brewery, BlackFinn American Saloon, Hamlin Corner, Town Tavern, Fifth Avenue and bd’s Mongolian Grill. Admission to the event costs $10 in advance (available online at southoaklandchilicookoff.eventbrite.com) or $12 at the door. Children 12 and younger get in for free. Click here for more information.