- Leaf collection starts Monday: Not so sexy but important, the 2013 leaf collection schedule will begin on Oct. 28. There will be six weeks of leaf collection in which the Department of Public Service (DPS) crews will be working to remove as many of the leaves as possible from the streets of the city. Each area of the city will be covered at least twice within the six weeks. Residents are asked to be mindful of the leaf collection schedule and to work with your neighbors to make this year a complete success.
- Great Lakes National Cemetery tour on Tuesday: Veterans and their families can learn about the benefits and honors offered by the Great Lakes National Cemetery during a free bus tour by William Sullivan & Son Funeral Directors. Veterans and their guests will board the bus at the funeral home, 705 W. 11 Mile Road, beginning at 9 a.m. and will return at 2 p.m. The funeral home will provide a free lunch during the trip. Reservations should be made at 248-541-7000.
- Halloween is Thursday: Be on the lookout for children and adults prowling the neighborhoods for treats.
- Spaghetti dinner on Friday: The Royal Oak Woman's Club Annual Spaghetti Dinner, featuring the club's famous spaghetti sauce and salad dressing, starts at 4:30 p.m. at 404 S. Pleasant St. Dinners are $10 for adults; $8 seniors; $6 children (3-12).
- Bright Side Dental Halloween Candy Buy Back is Friday: For every pound of unopened candy brought in, kids will be rewarded with a raffle ticket for a chance to win an amazing prize. The more candy you bring in, the more raffle tickets you will get. (Up to 10 pounds per person) Bright Side Dental will be collecting until November 16th. For more information please visit www.brightsidedental.com.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something