Two former rival high schools, Dondero and Kimball, merged into Kimball's extensively renovated building in 2007 to create the new Royal Oak High School. The school offers high-tech and vocational classes, college prep, special education, musical education, art, science, music, advanced math and many other subjects. There is also a lengthy list of sports teams, student associations, clubs and other extracurriculars. Royal Oak High School has two student publications, a yearbook and a parent newsletter.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 3pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 1,800
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 30:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Grade levels: 9th-12th
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: Algebra, English Language Arts, Art, Geometry, PreCalculus, Architectural Draft & Design, Graphic Communications, Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Environmental Science, History, Physics, Statistics, U.S. Government and Politics, Sport Tech, Writing.
- Extracurricular activities available: Drama, dance, choir, debate, musical theater, marching band, Quiz Bowl, Model United Nations, National Honor Society, disc golf and more.
- Student clubs: Business Professionals of America, Campus Life, Computer, SADD, Students for Environmental Awareness, Engineering Club, FIRST Impact Club, Interact of Royal Oak, Be the Change club and more.
- Sports teams: Football, basketball, lacrosse, hockey, volleyball, cross country, wrestling, soccer, swimming.