Royal Oak Middle School, formerly Dondero High School, is a beautiful historic building made new a few years ago when it was gutted and recreated to house today's standards of education, adding a media center, computer labs and more. Staff members say it's "better than new." It's one of the most gracious and distinctive buildings in Royal Oak. It also boasts one of the region's best swimming pools. The school is run in a unique way: Students are separated into four teams, and each team has its own teachers for English, science, math and social studies.
- Fax: 248-541-0408
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 2:50pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1925
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 30:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 110
- Grade levels: 6,7,8
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Band, cheerleading, choir, drama, honor society, musical theater, art
- Sports teams: Football, basketball, swimming, cross country, wrestling, volleyball, soccer.