The 19th annual Woodward Dream Cruise is expected to attract more than 40,000 cruisers and 1 million spectators this weekend when it roars into town.
The classic car parade featuring an assortment of muscle cars, street rods and other wacky, wonderful vehicles will take place from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. along a 16-mile stretch of Woodward Avenue from Ferndale to Pontiac.
Patch editors will be reporting live from the historic avenue, so stay tuned for photos, videos and vignettes on our Dream Cruise blog, which will be updated throughout the day on the homepage, and on Facebook and Twitter.
Here are six tips to help you enjoy the day.
- Weather forecast: Sunny skies and a high of 80 degrees are expected Saturday, according to the National Weather Service, so slather on some sun screen and grab your shades before you head out.
- Where should I park?: "Since the route runs through many communities, parking can be both ample and scarce, depending on where you are," woodwarddreamcruise.com says. Click here for parking suggestions.
- New interactive map available: The Woodward Dream Cruise website has updated its visitor guide this year to include an interactive map of all the events from Ferndale to Pontiac. Check it out at woodwarddreamcruise.com.
- 5 Doggone Ideas for Bringing Fido to the Woodward Dream Cruise: Dr. John Simon, of Woodside Animal Clinic in Royal Oak, warns dog lovers not to bite off more than they can chew at the Dream Cruise.
- Police: 5 Woodward Dream Cruise Dos and Don'ts: Royal Oak's police chief reminds cruise-goers the Dream Cruise is an alcohol-free event.
- Dream Cruise 2013: Share Your Experiences and Memories: Do you have great memories of the Dream Cruise? Do you want to share photos? Do you hate the traffic? Share with your community.