received a dozen reports of stolen vehicles, larceny of vehicles and damage to vehicles from June 3-9. Under the heading of "Unlawful Driving Away of an Automobile":
Three residents of Royal Oak reported their vehicles were stolen from their driveways in the past week, police reported. At least one said his vehicle was towed from the driveway, but his bank verified that he was not late on his payments and that it did not repossess the vehicle.
- 3700 block of Dukeshire, June 3: The complainant reported that his vehicle was stolen out of the driveway.
- 1100 block of Bauman, June 4: The complainant reported that an unknown suspect stole his vehicle by towing it out of his driveway.
- 200 block of South Dorchester, Monday: The complainant reported that his vehicle was stolen from his driveway.
GPS units, wallets, cellphones stolen from vehicles
In other automobile-related incidents:
- 1500 block of Woodlawn, June 2: Someone entered the unlocked vehicle and stole a GPS unit and wallet.
- Desmond Funeral Home, 32515 Woodward Ave., June 3: The complainant reported that an unknown suspect entered his vehicle through an unlocked door and stole his briefcase and laptop.
- 4400 block of Arlington, June 3: The complainant reported that someone entered his unlocked vehicle and stole his wallet and cellphone.
- 300 block of West Hudson, June 3: Someone smashed the driver’s door window and stole the in-dash GPS unit and stereo.
- 400 block of West Husdon, June 4: The passenger-side window was smashed, and the in-dash GPS unit was stolen.
- 3300 block of North Main, June 8: The complainant reported that someone punched out the lock of the side door of his work van and stole some of his tools.
- 2600 block of Glenwood, June 3: The license plate was reported stolen off the complainant's vehicle while it was parked in front of his house.
- University and Main, June 3: A woman reported that a man kicked her vehicle as she exited the parking structure, leaving a large dent in the front driver’s-side door. The suspect fled the area before he could be identified.
- 1300 block of East Lincoln, June 6: The complainant reported that someone attempted to steal his vehicle by smashing the driver’s-side window and breaking open the steering column.
If you have any information about any of these incidents, call Royal Oak Police at 248-246-3500. For questions about this blotter, email Beth.Valone@patch.com.