Highlights from Royal Oak Police Department reports for the week of May 31-June 7:
- 1000 block of Irving, June 3: Complainant reported a tall, thin man attempted to unlock the rear door wall of his residence around 2:30 a.m. The resident yelled through the door and then pursued the man through the neighborhood. The man escaped and the resident did not report the incident until later in the day.
- 2200 block of Crooks, June 6: Resident reported hearing a loud bang on the first floor of the home followed by footsteps. Someone had forced open the rear door and fled the house upon hearing the resident. Nothing was missing.
- 500 block of South Vermont, June 5: Resident reported someone forced open his kitchen window and entered the home. Cash, unused gift cards, a television and iPod were reported missing. A canvass of the neighborhood revealed that a neighbor had seen a man in his 20s, approximately 6 feet tall and 240 pounds walking down the driveway at approximately 3:30 p.m. The man was also seen driving a red Jeep.
Breaking and Entering
- 500 block of Girard, June 2: Resident reported someone entered his unlocked shed and stole three gas powered generators, two outboard motors and a gas powered ice auger.
- Fifth and Center, June 2: A man reported the theft of his camera, credit card and ring from the party bus he was utilizing for the night.
- Parking Structure, 8400 block of West 10 Mile, June 1: A woman reported her purse stolen near the lion exhibit.
- , 25352 Woodward Ave., June 5: A man reported the theft of his wallet and car keys from a locked locker.
- Clear Imaging, 907 S. Main, June 4: A man reported the theft of money and his bank card from a secured patient room.
- , 4305 Delemere, June 5: Two service trucks were broken into and several thousand dollars worth of tools were stolen.
- 900 block of Longfellow, June 2: Resident reported damage to his wooden privacy fence overnight.
- Amtrak Platform, 202 Sherman, June 2: Royal Oak officers discovered graffiti spray painted on one of the platform walls.