Highlights from reports the week of April 26-May 3:
- 1500 block of Red Run, April 26: Someone pried open a bedroom window and entered the vacant home. Nothing was reported stolen.
- 200 block of Englewood, April 29: A residents reported that someone entered his detached garage sometime between March and April and stole several old tax returns and check ledgers. The complainant has become an identity theft victim as a result.
- 200 block of North Blair, April 28: A man reported someone entered his unlocked garage and stole his Toro push mower
- 1600 block of Donald, April 30: A woman reported her ex-boyfriend broke into her home and stole a laptop computer, printer, stereo and a tattoo kit.
- , 221 E. Third, April 26: Royal Oak officers arrested a parolee, who was living in Royal Oak, after Michigan Department of Corrections parole agents interviewed him and determined he had been violating the terms of his parole. The man was on parole for flee and eluding and resisting and obstructing a police officer.
Car theft thwarted at McDonald’s
- , 2829 W. 14 Mile, May 3: A driver reported that two men attempted to steal his vehicle. One man, described as a tall blond man about 6 foot 3 inches and 160 pounds and wearing a red shirt approached the vehicle and ordered the complainant out of the car. A second man described as about 5 foot 7 inches, 120 pounds, with long wavy black hair and wearing a black shirt approached the vehicle on the other side and opened the car door. The complainant quickly drove away.
Pontiac G6 stolen
- 3300 block of Parker, May 1: A woman reported her 2006 grey Pontiac G6 stolen.
Bikes stolen from apartment building basement
- 3200 block of Albert, April 26: Someone entered the common area of the basement and stole a blue 26” men’s mountain bike.
- 3200 block of Albert, May 1: Two Trek mountain bicycles – a blue Trek 800 and red Trek – were stolen from the common storage area of the apartment complex.
Thefts at downtown businesses
- , 200 N. Main, April 29: An employee reported that while working at the cashier stand, someone stole her iPhone.
- , 460 S. Main, May 1: A woman reported her wallet stolen from her purse.
Larceny from vehicles
- , 5150 Coolidge, April 28: A man in a dark pickup was observed stealing a cordless drill from the bed of another pickup.
- , 27863 Woodward Ave., April 30: A portable GPS unit was stolen from an unlocked.
- , 29444 Woodward Ave., April 30: Someone smashed the passenger window of a woman’s 2009 Chrysler Town & Country and stole the in-dash GPS along with her purse.
- 300 block of N. Blair, April 30: A man reported that someone punched the door lock of his vehicle and stole his laptop computer.
- , 1620 E. 12 Mile, May 3: A man reported someone reached through the open window of his vehicle and stole his iPhone.
Breaking and entering
- 1200 Knowles, April 28: Someone entered a business and stole construction supplies.
- Lincoln and McLean, April 28: A woman reported someone broke the tail light on her vehicle.
- 1700 block of Vinsetta, April 28: Someone drove over the complainant’s lawn and damaged his shrubs.
- , 4121 W. 13 Mile, April 30: Complainant called to have a man removed from the business after he locked himself in the bathroom and refused to come out. Royal Oak officers investigated and arrested the suspect on charges of misdemeanor warrant, possession of marijuana a and possession of narcotics.
- , 2521 Torquay, April 30: Someone broke a window on the side of the business by shooting a BB at it and then hitting it with a piece of scrap metal
- 3000 block of West 13 Mile, May 2: Complainant reported that a friend damaged the handle on her vehicle after an argument.
If you have any questions about this report, email Judy.Davids@Patch.com.